Rechercher dans ce blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Serbia's Mandic takes Tokyo gold 8 years after London victory - NBC Olympics

asianpostmedia.blogspot.com

South Korea's Lee was not the favorite to win the women's +67kg category, but looked in great shape as she unexpectedly worked her way through the matches, reviving Team South Korea's hopes for gold.

Lee beat Britain's Bianca Walkden in the semi-finals, turning the tables with a last-second head-kick to dash the world champion's dreams of finishing top of the Olympic podium. Walkden took the bronze.

"There was no pressure," Lee said of the nation's gold-medal streak hanging on her result.

"I thought I should do my best no matter who I fight. I always go for victory and although I did not win in the final, with all my skills and techniques, I think I had one of my best performances so I feel good about it."

Apart from Lee's silver, South Korea took two bronze medals.

The four-day tournament was even more disappointing for China, which, like South Korea, fielded the most athletes at six but took home one bronze.

Adblock test (Why?)



"8" - Google News
July 27, 2021 at 11:17PM
https://ift.tt/3BLW7WC

Serbia's Mandic takes Tokyo gold 8 years after London victory - NBC Olympics
"8" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2z1PBPz
https://ift.tt/3c1rzCJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Rubin Museum, Haven for Asian Art, to Close After 20 Years - The New York Times

It is the first major art museum in New York to close within recent memory. The museum had financial challenges and has faced accusations o...

Postingan Populer